Thursday, July 10, 2008

07/10/08 - Key to Wisdom

I listened to a message: Teaching Your Children the Key's to Wisdom, from Norm Wakefield. Although the title may sounds like it is for parents only, I found it to be very encouraging as a child of God!

He shares that the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord is to know that you are always in the presence of God. He is with you all the time.

Of course, this is something we know, but do we know it...I mean do we live like we're always in the presences of God?

Do our thoughts and actions reflect knowing the Lord is with us?

Throughout the week I remind the boys that we're in God's presences, He's right here with us. Over the breakfast table last week I was explaining to them that God is with us. He's right here, watching us. We can't see Him, but we have faith He is here.

A few minutes later Miles asked, "Has God left yet, mommy?"

"No", I reminded him, "He's always here!"

No comments: