Wednesday, July 9, 2008

07/09/08 - Being totally Satisfied

John Piper says: God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.

This phrase runs through my head often.

How satisfied am I with just Him?

What does the world see, when a person is completely and totally satisfied with Christ alone?

The fruits of the Spirit are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control.

Read that list again and ask: Do I feel joy? Am I faithful? Would people think I am a kind person? Do I lack self-control in my time, emotions, or thoughts? Am I loving to the unlovely? At the core of my heart, am I at peace with God's plan?

When we are most satisfied with God alone, these are the qualities that will pour out of the overflow of our heart. Amazing!

I pray for my own life and for yours that we will be most satisfied with God alone!

3 comments:

simplysanctified said...

Amen! Thank you for the much-needed reminder! I must always find my all-sufficiency in my Saviour.

Lea said...

How can you get satisfied with him alone?

Anonymous said...

Heather,
What John Piper books would you reccomend for reading?
A reader