Monday, June 30, 2008

06/30/08 - True Women

About a month ago I saw an ad for an upcoming conference called: True Women '08. The speaker line-up include: John Piper, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Joni Eareckson Tada and other amazing speakers. Not only we're there these amazing speakers, it was in my back yard...Chicago!

As soon as I saw the ad I thought, "I want to go!"

Since I got married my husband and I have swap yearly retreats, he goes one year, I go one year, and so on. Well, last year was my year to go and this year is his. I am excited about the men's retreat he is going on this August and the speaker Paul Coughlin.

I didn't even mention this other conference to him and I just began to pray. I knew if God wanted me there, He'd work out the details!

Well, this morning my mom e-mailed me and offered (as a birthday present, because the conference starts on my birthday) to cover registration and accommodations for me!

Then she told me it started Thursday and ended Saturday afternoon! I thought that was much more doable than to be gone over the weekend. Plus, John works Thursdays, Friday, and Saturday morning!

When I explained to John all of these details he said, "Well, as long as you find a sitter for the boys then I don't see why not."

YIPPEE!! God is so faithful and I am so excited to go and sit under the teaching of these amazing speakers!

1 comment:

arcee said...

It does look like an amazing conference... :) Glad you can head out there!