Thursday, June 19, 2008

06/19/08 - The Shack

It seemed that every where I turned I was reading about "The Shack" By William Young. I decided, although I don't normally read fiction, to check it out.

The first 80 pages grabbed my attention and lead me to keep on reading, however there were many concepts, ideas and imagery of God that left me feeling very uncomfortable.

I've come across a great review of the book and if you've heard of it or read this book, I'd recommend you check out Tim Chailles review!

1 comment:

Robin @ Heart of Wisdom said...

This is my first visit here.

I like the way The Shack encompasses forgiveness, faith, hope, trust, love, reliance on God, and hope is worth reading.

Tim Challis has an agenda and twists portions into lies--read the book for yourself.

I just wrote a review on my blog including the negative parts.

You can get a free ebook by Wayne Jacobson (one of the publishers of the Shack") at http://heartofwisdom.com/Acrobat/HeLovesMe.pdf (194 pg) This might help you see the purpose of the book better.