Monday, June 9, 2008

06/09/08 - Monday

This feels like a real Monday! I woke up Sunday with a sore throat and achy! No fun! I began feeling the tickle in my throat on the way home on Saturday. It felt like the big let down. My commitments ended with the convention and I could relax! And, of course, I got sick!

I am still coughing today, laying low, but feeling a wee bit better!

But this has felt like a real Monday: sick mom, cranky kids, messy house, five loads of laundry, and dishes to be done! When I was single, this would have been a day I would have crawled back in bed and stayed there till about 10!

But that's not possible!

Although, it's been a long day already (and it's only 1:30 pm) I have much to be thankful for (in no particular order):
  • My boys, who are both napping!
  • Beautiful weather (windows are wide open).
  • A husband who works hard to provide for us.
  • The love and support of my family.
  • Friends who encourage, love, and support me!
  • My amazing church family.
  • The ability to function without chronic pain.
  • All my basic needs met...actually above and beyond my basic needs.
  • The fellowship this past weekend at the convention!
  • The freedom to worship Christ openly in this nation.
  • The peace in my heart that only comes from knowing Christ.
  • My local library.
  • Vacation next week! YIPPEE!
  • High speed Internet
  • The health of my parents and in-laws...it's great to have grandparents around!!
  • A wonderful marriage.

Ah...that's what I needed! Just to write all that I have to be thankful for! Now I can move forward to having a better day.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear you are sick, but it's a joy to see your grateful heart even though you aren't feeling so well. It's such a wonderful thing to be able to dwell on the blessings from God in our life even though our body aches or life is crazy. I know we bless His heart when we do so.

Thanks for this post and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Love,
Brooke.