Tuesday, June 3, 2008

06/03/08 - Narelle Worboys (Part 2)

This is part two of my interview with Narelle Worboys from New Zealand!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How does emotional purity fit into your life?

It’s necessary for my sanity! I’ve seen emotional trauma messing up the lives of friends who date around without a clear path to marriage. I want to serve God with all my heart, and I’m very much aware that allowing an emotional titillation will deflect me from pursuing that effectively.

You are committed to remaining emotionally pure for your husband, what struggles do you find having during this season of waiting and being single?

Loneliness is a huge factor and always has been. I couldn’t fix it, so I had to befriend it. I have a lot to say on that subject! See [here] I’ve learned to recognize my danger signals and take preventive measures. Something that’s really helped has been getting on a chummier footing with my parents. They’re the only people I see on a day-to-day basis, so sitting in our separate chairs reading our separate books wasn’t exactly beneficial to me! Also, when I do have male correspondents (which hasn’t been infrequent), it’s a challenge keeping control of my thought life.

What encourages you on this path during this season of being single?

Finding myself in extraordinary situations I couldn’t have orchestrated. Seeing lives respond to God’s grace. Knowing I’m of value to those I’m serving. Meeting others like me. :-) And I’ve purchased a diamond ring which I had engraved with the phrase, “He is Faithful”. Having that reminder on my hand every day really helps.

1 Cor 7:35 states that the unmarried woman is to be fully devoted to the Lord during her season of singleness, how do you incorporate your faith in your line of work?

To most people my health challenge would seem a huge handicap to serving the Lord or simply being happy, but His ways are past finding out, and He’s worked a good deal of that mystery in my life. Everything I’m doing is something I enjoy, and it’s flexible which suits my fluctuating energy levels.

My focus as a playwright is to provide evangelism training tools through drama, and, because I believe in the importance of perpetuating missionary tales and accounts of God's involvement with His people, to produce dramatic expressions of powerful miracle or missionary stories.

As a novelist, my pitch begins, “Are you searching for a lasting true love? Did you know that God is vitally interested in your love life and He’s asking you to hand over the pen of your love story?” My stories aim to encourage and stimulate singles, without hiding the reality of the struggle, to live in a way that shows their commitment to a God-written existence.

My purpose as a fashion designer and columnist is to provide attractive modest options for women who wish to glorify God with their bodies as the Scriptures exhort.

When I sing, I’m extremely particular about what lyrics I feed into my life and into those who hear me. See [here] for my Tolkein challenge.

If I’m doing a secular program, I try to connect the audience with a theme by inserting comments between each song. However, it’s not unusual for a producer to be quite happy for me to use sacred songs in a secular program. I have also committed to not doing a Sunday program unless it’s church-related. I need my Sabbath.

No comments: