Thursday, May 1, 2008

05/01/08 - Croatian

Today my book is being released in Croatia. There is a large youth event this weekend with over 1000 students attending and for the first time Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart will be read in a different language!

Please pray for this event, as it is the first of it's kind in this former Yugoslavian Republic.

The story of how it came to be translated is a God story in and of itself. Over four years ago I received an e-mail from Marjia. I was still self-published so I said go ahead. Then just two or three weeks ago she e-mailed me and told me it was done! I was shocked! I told her that Crossway had to be contacted, which she did. They told her that she had to use the new edition to translate.

In less than a week she made all the corrections, got the green light from Crossway, and designed a new cover! (We didn't get the rights to use the USA cover in time for it to go to print. I did however call her in the 11th hour to try to get the rights...that was the first time I've ever called Croatia!) This was a labor of love and dedication by Marjia and I praise God for her faithfulness to translate Emotional Purity. She is part of this youth conference and has promised to send me an update!


When she first contacted me she was single, but now here's her lovely family:


How awesome is God!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, honey! Who could have imagined what God's plans were? None of us, that's for sure! Love you, XO

simplysanctified said...

How very, very exciting! Congratulations! :)

DisabatYahWeh said...

Hi, I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I am one of those 1000 people that were on the conference :) Thank you for praying for us and thinking about us. I loved the conference and God spoke alot to my heart.
At that event, I bought your book (translated). So far I read more then half of it since yesterday... I just can't stop reading it. God continues to speak to me through it. It is really a great book. I can't wait to come to the end to see some answers on my questions that are coming up now.
Thank you for blessing me personally with this book. Thank you for being obedient to Him. I praise God for He is great and does amazing things even when we don't expect it. He surprises me, because still I don't completely know His love for me.
May God bless you even more then what He blessed me through this conference and your book! Amen

Heather Paulsen said...

DisabatYahweh

I was THRILLED this morning to see a comment from you! Praise God! I've been thinking of you all this weekend and praying for this event! I want details!!!

Praise God for His faithfulness and if any of your questions don't get answered let me know.

God Bless!
Heather