Wednesday, April 30, 2008

04/30/08 - Knowing the Word

In our morning devotionals, the boys and I are reading through the New Testament, which we started about a month ago.We don't read too many verses a day, but it's a joy to read through the life of Christ with them.

Do you know that when Jesus was tempted by satan, satan quoted scripture to Him? Jesus quoted scripture right back at him! (Matthew 4: 1-11)

Knowing God's Word...I mean knowing it, not just the stories, but knowing what God's Word says will equip you face temptations. Satan will distort the scripture and may appear as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14), but really be out to tempt you.

When I struggled with giving my thoughts over to God (in regards to being married, boys, relationships) I memorized Scripture and used it when my thoughts were out of line with what God wanted me to think upon! How powerful!

Are you bible literate?

No comments: