Monday, April 14, 2008

04/13/07 - Indulging

As I flipped open my bible today I stopped in Ephesians 2:3 "Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."

I had underlined in my bible: indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind.

What are you indulging in your thought life? Are you allowing yourself to over think situations? What is the attitude of your mind and thought life? When you indulge the desires of your mind, do you find contentment? Do you allow yourself to have pity parties about not having "someone"?

We, in our old nature, indulged the mind! We have the Spirit to help us keep our mind on the things God would want us to think about.

We must keep our thoughts obedient to Christ! (2 Cor. 10:5) We need to think on those things that are pure, lovely, right, excellent, of good repute. (Phil. 4:8)

2 comments:

simplysanctified said...

Amen! Thank you for the admonition and encouragement. It is so very true!

Meredith Ivy said...

I really needed to read this... Thanks for sharing. :)