Friday, April 4, 2008

04/04/08 - Marriage

Yesterday, when John was home for lunch, I looked over at him and began thinking about the mystery of marriage. He must have known I was thinking something because he said, "What?"

I said, "Isn't marriage a strange thing really? Just a few years ago we were total strangers. We knew nothing about each other. Now we've been married five years, we are accountable to each other, we always know what the other is up to, we know where we are spiritually, we check in with each daily, we share our most private moments with each other, we have two kids together, we've walked through the darkest season of our life (our miscarriage of our first baby), and we're best friends. Now we're one. It's definitely a God thing. Only God can cause us to have a oneness feeling in our marriage."

Becoming one in marriage is a mystery indeed. How two total strangers become one.

Then we began talking about marriage without God. I said it would be like a shot in the dark. Like, "Hum...I guess I'll pick this person and just hope it works out!" What fear would be involved.

Praise God, if you are faithfully following Him, He'll point and guide you. Know you'd rather be in marriage that is God ordained, than in a marriage just for the sake of being married!

2 comments:

Alyshia said...

This is so true! I have no fears of being married to the wrong man because I know God is preparing just the right man for me and He knows and will let me know when the time is for us to meet, court, and finally wed. It is such a comfort and a Relief to know that God is the writer of my love story and NOT me!
Thanks for the Post. You are such and encouragement!
Your sister in Christ,
~Alyshia~

Anonymous said...

Does God have only particular guy picked out for one particular girl or does He have several posabilities?
How do you know when you meet someone whether they are 'the one'?