Monday, March 31, 2008

03/31/03 - While waiting to be a wife and mom

After college I moved to Denver for a year. After three years of living away from my parents I moved back home. My dad asked me to come home and prepare for marriage.

I didn't think I had a lot of preparation, but was I wrong!

In those three years I had developed an independent spirit, which would not be conducive to a healthy marriage in which I believe an interdependent spirit is most beneficial!

Living at home with my parents I had people who I had to "check-in" with, run my calendar past, and be accountable to. All of these things had become obsolete to me. Living on my own I was my own boss, so moving home and having that structure and authority was a bit of an adjustment.

After moving home I was free (thanks to my parents) to pursue ministry, God, preparing for marriage, and life. God birthed my book from this season of my life!

I know there are those of you who read my blog who are doing just what I did....living at home, preparing for marriage, and not pursing a career at all. Be encouraged to seek the things of the Lord! He will use this season of your life in ways that can not be imagined!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your article! it was excellent. ALl my life I have wanted to be a wife and mother...and I am trying to practice in my parents house. The other day, one of my guy friends told me that "when you get married it will just be a continuation of what you are doing now." pausing, he added, "I take that back. It will be a continuation when you have kids." WOW!!! It really confirmed to me that right now I am practicing the biblical romodel for womanhood even while I am single.

Anna said...

that is so cool! I have been waiting for my husband, and even though i am only 15, I get kind of impatient.
I want to persue writing. do you think that I could do this even after i have a family?

AimeeAnne said...

You have just summed up my entire life. Thank you for presenting it in a valid way; instead of how most choose to, which is "Why are you hiding behind your mommy and daddy? You need to get out there and start your own life."