Tuesday, March 25, 2008

03/25/08 - Preparing for Marriage (Part 7)

Today will be our final instillation of: Preparing for Marriage. Again my prayer is this has been helpful on many levels in your life!

My last piece of advice, from a woman who is richly satisfied in her marriage, would be the most important thing one can do as they prepare for marriage: spend as much time as you can getting to know God!

When I was single I had lots of time to read the bible, pray, fast, and sit at God's feet being still before Him. I look back at that time and am thankful to have had that season of fully investing my extra time in getting to know God.

I learned how God communicated with me and He became very personal to me. I prayed specifics and I saw Him move and work in my life in powerful ways. Knowing how He spoke to me greatly aided when John came into the picture and I began to see God answer prayers about my future husband!

Now that I am a helpmate to my husband, a mom to my 3 year old and 20 month old, the primary caretaker of my household operations, and invested in my church and emotional purity ministry, my time is much more "spoke" for.

Yes, there is daily time in the word and prayer, but I don't have countless hours I had when I was single.

Yet, God still communicates with me as personally as He did when I was single. He is faithful to my time and He affirms that this is just a season of my life. Had I not had that time as a single woman I may miss out on many of God's promptings in my life!

May God bless you as you faithfully prepare for whatever He has in store for you!

2 comments:

Alyshia said...

Thank you so much for this series of posts! God has given you a heart for the single and you are very good at encouraging us to stay emotional and physically pure and growing in a stronger walk with the Lord.
Thank you so much!
Your sister in Christ,
~Alyshia~

simplysanctified said...

Amen - I appreciate this post. I so desire to give my all to Christ and be "consumed" in him during my single years. True fulfillment comes from Him alone!