Friday, March 7, 2008

03/07/08 - Proverbs 7

One of my two New Year's resolutions was to read the bible to my sons at least five days a week. We have been pretty faithful at this and we read five verses from the Proverbs of the day. We're now on verses 11 to 15 of the chapter of the day!

So this morning I read Proverbs 7:11-15 to my sons:

11 (She is loud and defiant,
her feet never stay at home;
12 now in the street, now in the squares,
at every corner she lurks.)
13 She took hold of him and kissed him
and with a brazen face she said:
14 "I have fellowship offerings at home;
today I fulfilled my vows.
15 So I came out to meet you;
I looked for you and have found you!

I told them, "Let's pray for your wives, they they are not these type of women."

We live in a culture that tells girls to "take charge" in relationships and be aggressive with guys. But as you read the rest of this chapter you see that her "house is a highway to the grave" (vs. 27).

The word brazen jumped out at me. Dictionary.com defines brazen as shameless! Or: blatant, bold, cocky, defiant, defiant, forward, immodest, indecent, shameless, unashamed, unblushing.

How I pray that God would raise up women of godly character for my sons to marry. I pray for their future in-laws, that they have wisdom in raising these future wives!

What type of young woman are you? What type of young woman are you looking for as a wife?

3 comments:

Julie said...

As a quiet and shy young woman, I sometimes resent the attention (and husbands) that the pretty, confident girls get. They seem to have it easy. It's so frustrating to be invisible as far as decent, Christian men are concerned.

Heather Paulsen said...

Julie!

You need to connect with Acree...she's under my blogroll: adventures in blunderland

arcee said...

hang in there, julie! i hear your hurt! i'm clinging to God on this subject and trusting that 1) He can and does still raise up men that will appreciate women like yourself and 2) those men will be discerning enough to wait for a lady like you!