Wednesday, March 5, 2008

03/05/08 - Summer Camp

Next week I'll be speaking at a camping conference. I was so excited to be asked to speak and I am looking forward to sharing the message of emotional purity with camp directors and staff.

How many of you will be going to summer camp?


One thing I love about camp is the time away from the demands of every day life. Camp is a chance to reflect on your life, your walk with the Lord, and to connect with other like minded believers. Camp can be a very emotional and spiritual experience!

As much as this is one of the most satisfying aspects of camp, it can be a danger zone. We can find ourselves emotionally opening up in inappropriate ways with people we shouldn't open up to.


Be awear of the importance of finding and maintaining emotional purity as you venture off to camp this summer!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I converted at summer camp as a 12 1/2 year old. It was certainly a very emotional occasion. I did end up going to their church and youth group for three years, though it was across the city from where I lived.