Friday, February 22, 2008

02/22/08 - Where do I get my help?

This past week has been a bit of a long week. With two sick kids, thankfully on the mend, and now a sick husband up in bed with the same thing...I have had to lay aside any of my desires this week and focus on the needs of my family. (Beside Wednesday when my husband watched the sick boys so I could throw a surprise shower for my friend who's getting married tomorrow!)

It's been long, yet through it all, I've had great peace. I started reading a book that has blessed me with peace for this week. I know that my family is my number one priority and they need all of me.

Beside the support of my mom, I've gotten my greatest source of strength from looking upward.

This morning the song/verse that was going through my head: I lift my eyes up, up to the mountains. Where does my help come from? My help comes from You, maker of heaven. (Ps. 121: 1-2)

This is where I've gotten my strength this week.

Actually, I've had some tender moments with my boys. It may have been at 2 am, but having Luke asleep on me, I've been able to pray for him, his cough, his future, his walk with the Lord. God is good and I am thankful for your prayers!

1 comment:

Eva's Inspired Photography said...

Im right along with you Heather~!
#3 child/Danielle has had hers since Saturday and even Awana Game practice did not stop her. Took her into the Dr. yesterday and its just a viral pass around nasty cold and sore throat. My other dauguhter and I went to her High School "Beauty and the Beast" play and half way through, we both said we were not feeling well, so...im not receiving it and will trust God to help me flush it out. Keep the FAITH were its meant to be and God will bring it to pass.
I pray you will be able to set your mind at ease with you having a GREAT time at your friends Wedding~!

Blessings Eva