Thursday, January 17, 2008

1/17/08 - How am I doing?

My mind has really been at a loss of what to blog about. Then I checked my comments and Kaysie asked me: How have you been doing? So here's how I am doing:

This has been a long week!

My plate feels a little full, which I tend to keep it as empty as possible because of being a mom and a wife. I feel that those come above everything else!

Right now I am doing the print publicity of our church's play.

I am working on getting promo packets together for the young women's conference. So I've called about 70 churches and have talked to about 35 youth pastors. PHEW! (Thankfully the boys napped three hours today!)

Today the bible study that I lead started up again. It will go for 12 weeks.

We've had some issues with our renter this week, which have been extremely unpleasant and have left me feeling taken advantage of.

Satan has used little things to creep in and annoy me. Last night I tossed and turned for 2 1/2, hours before I feel asleep.

BUT....God has reminded me that He is the Judge, He is my protector, and He is my guide! One of my goals this year was to read the bible with the boys each morning. So we read five verses of the Proverbs of the day!

Yesterday we read, Proverbs 16 and verse 3 jumped out at me: Commit your way to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.

I've committed my marriage, my family, the ministry He's blessed me with, my book, and the different struggles in my life to Him. I trust He will use them for His glory!

Although, it's been a long, draining, tiring week...He's blessed me and He's been faithful!

Kaysie...that's how I am doing!
Thanks for asking!

4 comments:

Sarah Barlow said...

Isn't God soooo amazing at sustaining us?? :)
You definitely have a ton on your plate but God is so faithful in filling in the cracks of what we feel our downfalls are!

Through it all you are STILL making a huge impact which is true success:)

arcee said...

thanks for sharing the verse in Proverbs. i needed that! :)

Anonymous said...

And you watched that incredibly motivating, uplifting, God honoring, video that can only bring hope and assurance of how awesome our God is at upholding us by the word of His power!!! You're an awesome mom, too! XO

inlovewithchrist said...

Wow... I will certainly be praying for you - you have a full plate!
I know God will keep you and guide you through this. :)

Praying for you,
Kaysie

PS: On my blog, I recently wrote a post on purity, and I would love for you to check it out. Thanks!