Tuesday, January 15, 2008

01/15/08 - God's Details

Last night, as I was falling asleep, I heard my husband pump up his side of the bed. We have one of those mattresses that has a sleep number. It is specific to your body and your comfort.

I always tell John that our bed was his best purchase before we got married because our bed is just so comfortable. It fits to your needs and as I gained and lost weight with each pregnancy, I was able to adjust my bed for maximum comfort! It just fits my needs perfectly!

So as John was pumping up his side last night the thought that ran through my mind was how God is a God of detail and how He fits our needs perfectly!

He knows each of us. He knows our "sleep number". He knows what we need, when we need it, and how we need it. He speaks to each of us in a different way. He communicates to us through a song, through a sign in a window we've never seen before, through a random encouraging e-mail from a friend we've not talk to in a long time, through something we see in a movie, or a number of other neat ways.

I love how specific God is! I love that He shows off in those small details! We serve a big God of small details!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was powerful. it makes me want to serve him all the more

hollymark said...

Amen!! I love it!!