Wednesday, December 19, 2007

12/19/07 - Christmas Traditions

My favorite family tradition is our prayer stocking. This started with my dad and mom about 8 or 9 years ago.

On Christmas Eve we each take time to write out things we want to pray about in the coming year. We put them in a special "prayer stocking" and then pray about the things we each wrote privately.

We commit to pray for the "prayer stocking" requests throughout the year.

Then we read the prayer requests from the year before and see God's faithfulness! It has been amazing to see what God has done throughout the year. Normally I forget what I wrote, which makes it more fun to read!

What are your favorite Christmas Traditions?

3 comments:

Anne said...

That's a cool idea...especially reading the prayers from the year before!

Anonymous said...

It's hanging on the fireplace this year, but the prayers inside are from 2005, I guess Dad and I didn't do it last year since we were in Iowa waiting for the birth of Henry! We will do it this year, even if it's just the two of us! XO

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea....I like it alot!

Thanks for sharing your family tradition.

Brenda Hansen