Tuesday, December 18, 2007

12/18/07 - Modesty

What does it mean to be modest in our dress?

As I look around the culture we live in I am amazed and what women wear. Shirt are too low, skirts are too high, clothes are too tight, and jeans hang so low we see underwear!

Ask yourself this: Would I be comfortable wearing this outfit to have a face to face conversation with God? Yes, if you and Jesus were talking, how would you feel in what you're wearing?

Would be have to pull at your shirt, tug your pants or feel uncomfortable at all in what you're wearing? If you would be, then maybe reconsider your outfit!

Just my random thought of the day!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Very, very true!! Good point, and wonderful way to think of it. Our dress must be pleasing to the Lord, just as every area in of our lives. Our dress is no exception.

I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left me on my blog a while back (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/IloveyouGod/396624/

I enjoyed your book very much and it blessed me greatly. Thank you so much for writing and sharing what you did!! I learned so much and it is a great blessing.

God bless you and have a blessed Christmas,

~~Brooke

Emily said...

That is very good! I know that lately I have been going through modesty thoughts and I try to wear modest clothes. When people say that modesty doesn't matter it is SO hard for me because I believe it does.
~Emily