Monday, December 17, 2007

12/17/07 - Being Intentional

About a year ago I heard a speaker talk about raising godly children. One thing she said was, "Be intentional." That little phrase has stuck with me: be intentional!

I knew I wanted to make sure that I was enjoy each moment, making them count for the future, for God! I don't want to get to my sons' 18th birthdays and feel like it was one big blur! I want to know that I (we) intentionally trained and raised them with a clear vision and purpose!

You can go through life and just let the currents take you when they may, or you can be intentional with each moment of your life.

Be intentional with your walk with God.

Be intentional with your friendships.

Be intentional with how you respect your parents.

Be intentional with how you respect your husband (or future husband).

Be intentional is how you carry yourself.

Be intentional with pointing people to Jesus!

Be intentional about what you eat and how you care for your body.

Be intentional in how you enjoy your life.

Be intentional......

What areas of your life do you need to "be intentional" with?

3 comments:

Kaysie said...

For me, I need to be intentional about my relationships; first with God and, second, with my family and friends. I want to be an encouragement to others and a fragrant aroma to God.

Kaysie

PS: Something else I am trying to be intentional about, especially in the Christmas season, is remaining kind and considerate to people out in public; stores, streets, parking lots, etc. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog! I just found it the other day. I read your book in high school and I agreed with about 3/4 of it. It really helped me to be more concious with my thoughts, actions etc. Thanks!

Esther said...

Great post!