Friday, December 7, 2007

12/07/07 - Are you overflowing?

Colossians 2:6, 7:

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

Are you overflowing with thankfulness?

I read this yesterday that question popped into my head. Am I overflowing? Not always! I let things (selfishness, unmet expectations) steal my thankfulness! I tend to whine and complain about what I am not getting, not focus on what I have: Christ Jesus!

Do you know someone who is always complaining? I do! I think this person just wouldn't be happy unless they are complaining about something! It's very depressing to spend time with this person! I just want to say, "Be thankful for all you have!"

Today as you go about your day, ask yourself if you are overflowing with thankfulness that comes from knowing and being known by Jesus!

2 comments:

Kaysie said...

What an amazing reminder!
When I stop and just consider that I know Jesus and He knows me...I should never cease to be overflowing with thankfulness.

Thanks! :)

Kaysie

Anonymous said...

I'm very thankful for you, dear daughter! Sorry we didn't meet your "expectations" this morning...maybe this afternoon! XO