Thursday, November 29, 2007

11/29/07 - Word of Encouragement

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

My best friend sent this to me this morning and what an encouragement. It is a reminder to fix myself on what is not seen!

How often do we focus on what we see? Or what we don't think God is doing? We don't see what He is up to and we doubt!

I hope this verse encourages you as much as it has encouraged me this morning!

2 comments:

arcee said...

what Truth, and yet so quickly i find myself forgetting it and feeling anxious about what is happening or what isn't happening around me!
that's probably why our eyes are supposed to be fixed on Him
...the unchangeable I AM
...who is not a man, that He should lie...

Kaysie said...

Wow! That is so neat that we blogged the same verses! How amazing is our God!?
Kaysie