Monday, November 26, 2007

11/26/07 - Seasons


Over the weekend I got my Christmas tree up! As I was putting up my tree, I felt like I was walking down memory lane!

Ever since I was a little girl, I have received an ornament a year from my parents. So I have a little girl holding a doll that I received when I was a little girl. When I was a teenage I collected Coke Cola items, so I have a couple of those. Plus, I have received some of my mom's old ornaments, those always remind me of my mom's trees from when I was a little girl!

Then there were those single years! I have one of three girls sledding. My parents bought those when us three girls were in our 20s and not married.

Then I have a bride and groom, from the first year we were married. The next year we received at "Parent's to be" stork ornament. Of course we have a couple of "Baby's First Year" from each year the boys were born. And finally last year, we bought a "New home" ornament. We also received a snowman family with a mommy, daddy and two kids.

My tree is filled with all those ornaments that tell the story of my life! We've started the tradition of buying ornaments for our boys and they will also have a story to pass on.

I was also reminded that life is full of seasons! Our life's seasons come and go and even if we feel stuck in a season, just give it some time and it will be a new season.

Maybe you feel like you're never going to get out of the season of being single! Well, just wait, you're season will change!

3 comments:

Joseph said...

You have a very lovely looking tree. The season of advent is a wonderful time to remember so many things.

Kaysie said...

Thank you for your encouragement about the "season" of singleness not lasting forever.
I know in my life when the holiday seasons come, I tend to become more "restless" in wondering when I will ever be married. (if that is God's will)
But God is teaching me to enjoy this season of singleness and remain confident in God that if it is His will for me to be married, He will accomplish it is His time and "season".
He is filling the empty places in my heart with His abundant love, and supplying the grace to help me in my times of need.
I am enjoying your blog...thank you for your ministry.
Kaysie
alabasterboxblog.blogspot.com

Kelsey Hough said...

I love putting up the Christmas tree and remembering all of the different life seasons the ornaments represent. It's so much fun! :-)

You have a lovely tree, by the way.

~Kelsey

http://setapart.wordpress.com