Friday, November 16, 2007

11/16/07 - Happy Anniversary

Today is my sister, Colleen and her husband, Steve's, 5th year anniversary!

I remember four days before we met Steve, crying in my parents livingroom, "None of us are EVER going to get married. We're all going to be old maids with cats!"

Not one of my finer moments, but Colleen was 29, Lesli was 28 and I was 27. We had just moved into this large house with our own apartment upstairs from my parents. We thought this house was God's confirmation that we were not getting married and to just settle into life. It was Christmas eve when this melt down took place!

It felt like God was being so silent. We had all three taken a stand to not casually date and that meant none of us had been on a date in over 5 years!

Well, God knew what was up! Like I said, four days after my pity party meltdown, we met Steve. They were married 11 months later. I was married 8 months after Colleen and Lesli was married 3 years after me!


John and Heather, Lesli and Kevin, Colleen and Steve

3 comments:

arcee said...

yay! thanks for sharing this picture of God's faithfulness!
it is fun to see how you and your sisters have some similiarities, but still look very distinctly different. i hadn't seen a picture of colleen before. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that night happened, and what a melt down it was!!! But, the next few years just proved who is in charge...of everything! XO

Anonymous said...

Aww, Heather, how sweet of you to make a post on this! Marrying Steve has been one of the best decisions in my life! It's almost like we got on a speeding train afterwards! :-) God has given the three of us incredible husbands and so perfect for each one of us. More perfect than I think we even imagined!
I love you,
Colleen