Thursday, November 15, 2007

11/15/07 - Trusting God

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Are you trusting in the Lord fully? Are you resting in His faithful arms? Do you know that He'll take care of all those little details that cause you to worry?

I believe that we each have areas that we struggle with trusting God. Of course, I clearly remember having moments of doubts about my future marital status. Those thoughts that God wasn't pay attention to my prayers for a mate would creep in every once and awhile.

There were days that I had to daily...okay moment by moment...ask God for the grace to fully trust His plan for my life. He was always faithful to comfort me and allow me to have peace. It was a battle in my thought life, but God was faithful: when I'd draw near to Him, He'd draw near to me. (James 4:8)

If your struggling with trusting God for a mate, come close to the Lord through His Word, prayer and worship.

1 comment:

singlemomforgod said...

AMEN, Praise the Lord! I hope that people read this, I am a single mom who wishes that she trusted the Lord and waited on him, my situation would not be as buffetting as it is, but since it is my fault that I am buffetted, I must take it patiently