Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11/14/07 - Sunshine

I have wonderful, large windows in my house. Some face the east and some face south. I love the warmth the sun provides when the weather turns chilly.

On those sunny mornings when I go into my kitchen, those east windows pour sunlight in! When that sun comes in it shows all the crumbs on the table and floor, the dirty stove, dishwasher and island that all needs a good wipe down!

Now, let me say, that I think I am a pretty good housekeeper with two toddlers. I do my best to keep up with the daily demands of two kids, a house, laundry, a husband, and the ministry God has given me. At night my kitchen always looks clean. The floor gets swept, the table, island and counters get wiped down, the dishes get done (most nights) and it looks clean.

Then that sunshine the next morning shows the true state of my kitchen!

Isn't that how it is when we let the SONshine in our life? He exposes those areas that "look" clean, but really need a good spiritual wipe down. He shows us what needs to be cleaned and then He gives us the grace and strength to clean-up! Praise Him!

I love when God uses my dirty kitchen to teach me more about Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good word picture...only a housewife would truly understand! XO