Saturday, October 20, 2007

10/20/07 - Ministry Highlight

After college I spent a year in Doulos Ministries. Doulos Ministry has three ministries that fall under its leadership: LeadTime, Shelterwood, and The Sky's the Limit.

I was involved with LeadTime and Shelterwood. As a Leadtime Student I spent a year being poured into as I poured out, learning more about my own faith, and I grew as a believer in ways that were amazing. How did this happen?

Shelterwood, is a group home for troubled teens. I served as a "big sister" to the "little sisters". Living with trouble teens challenged my faith in awesome ways. God used LeadTime to shape who I am, grow my faith, and trust Him with whatever He has for me.

I also learned about what real, God honoring, friendships look like. The women I lived with, are still close friends of mine. They are people I can call after not talking to for five years and pick up right where we left off.

I still have contact with some of the "littles". There's still a great deal of love in my heart for them!

If you are getting ready to graduate college and just wondering what you want to do next, check out: LeadTime. Maybe it's just what you are looking for.

No comments: