Saturday, September 22, 2007

09/22/07 - Light our path

Last night I was reading my bible and came across a very familiar verse:

Psalms 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.

It reminded me a story of when I visited my friend in New Jersey about 10 years ago.

We'd gone to bible study, and of course I had never been there before. We got there when it was light out and had a wonderful study in the book of John...how I remember that, who knows! When we left and it had become dark. As we were walking to her car, I walked on ahead into this dark driveway.

I came to the end of the path in front of their house and I could tell there was a step down. I tried to feel with my foot how the path went on ahead of me, but I couldn't, so I lifted my leg to take a step of faith.

Instantly, their motion lights went on and I could clearly see the path ahead of me and the step down.

At that moment a truth stuck with me. This is how God operates. We're on a path of life, we can't see ahead of us, and God will light the path if we move in faith. We have to move first. If I would have just stood there, the light never would have gone on and I would have been stuck.

Now the motion light did not light the whole drive home, just what I needed to see it get where I needed to go at that moment.

God's Word says that His Word will light our path. Being in God's Word will shed light on those dark driveways of life!

No comments: