Tuesday, September 18, 2007

09/18/07 - Book of the month

This month our book is: Shopping for Time: How to Do it All and NOT Be Overwhelmed, by mother: Carolyn Mahaney and her three daughters: Nicole Whitacre, Kristin Chesemore, Janelle Bradshaw.

We looked at tip one: Rise Early in my 09/10/07 post. This has been a good challenge in my own life.

Today we'll look at tip two: Sitting Still. Part of have extra time is sitting still, sounds a bit off! But look at it this way.

When we take intentional time to sit still, daily, at the feet of Christ: to listen, really listen, we see our need and totally dependence for Him. It causes us to pause, take a deep breath, and confirm we can't do this thing called Life, on our own. Thus we turn over our cares, worries, calendars, PDA's, and frustrations to trust Him completely.

This sitting still, would include meditating on scripture, prayer, worship, and just listening.

As a single woman I remember clearing thinking: Take advantage of this uninterrupted time I have with God. It's one piece of advice I always give singles: take that extra time you have in this season of life and just get to really know God. Sit daily at His feet, quiet your heart, and just be.

On my weekend away I spent about an hour and a half at the dock at camp doing just this: sitting still. What a wonderful, refreshing, spiritually renewing time. It gives you perspective you can't gain anywhere else. I hope you can take some time to just sit still!

No comments: