Friday, September 7, 2007

09/07/07 - Healing

Often I receive e-mails from my readers who have been involved in undefined emotionally intimate relationships I talk about in my book.

One gal wrote me a few months back about a guy she was in ministry with. He would call her multiple times a day, text message or e-mail over 20 times a day, and see her a few times a week. She developed feelings for him beyond friendship.

This is how she describes what was going on:
"Of course I didn't know his feelings for me, but he listened well, and was so "touchy" when I saw him. He'd give me long hugs, and even whisper in my ear "I love you"."

WOW! He sure made her feel special and set-apart.

But, he was more interested in her roommate.

This is from an e-mail I received this week:
"I feel more hurt and used and angry than ever... he and (my roommate) decided it was time for them to "hook up". I didn't realize this was really happening until just a day or two ago...

I should never have given my heart to him. I wish I would have read your book before I had any contact with him...The good news is that God is working in my heart. I'm growing closer to Him through all this. I am sad, but not hopeless."

Yes, there is healing! If you have found yourself like this reader: hurt, rejected, frustrated or angry. There is healing and hope! This come from Christ Jesus Himself. Embrace His love and His passion for you.

Read Jesus' words from Matthew 11:
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

I've been encouraged by reading your blog. Thank you!

Heather Paulsen said...

Kaylene...thank you for your comment. I love comments!
Glad to encourge you today!
In and for His glory!
heather

Kaylene said...

Mind if I link to you on my personal blog? Its www.every-thought-captive.blogspot.com