Wednesday, September 5, 2007

09/05/07 - God will quiet us!

This morning in my daily quiet time I flipped open my bible (sometimes I flip it open and read whatever the Lord leads, other times I feel lead to read something specific, just an FYI) and it opened to Zephaniah.

I read the whole book, it's only three chapters. Then I got to chapter 3 verse 17:

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save, He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Italics mine.

I just stopped and re-read that verse a few times.

God will quiet us with his love!

I started thinking about being quiet, what does that mean? Here's what I wrote in my journal:

peace
world not shouting at us
no frantic pace of life
no desperately searching for answers
calm
assurance
no frustration
inward
reflective
solitude

How often do we feel God's quiet in our life? What stops us from feeling that quietness in our life? How are you feeling today? Are you feeling God's loving quiet in your life?

No comments: