Friday, August 3, 2007

08/03/07 - Being Prepared (Part 2)

On Tuesday I wrote about being prepared. When I had those thoughts, not only did I think about being prepared to preach the Word in and out of season, but I thought about death. I thought that was a bit morbid, so I decided to not write about it.

About the exact time I was writing that message, my great Uncle Gene had a fall, which lead to him becoming brain dead. We all thought when they took the breathing tube out, he pass right away, but he has been breathing on his own since Tuesday. They brought him back to him home, just a few minutes from my house.

Yesterday, I stopped by to say my goodbye. He just looks like he is sleeping, peacefully sleeping. His whole family is there. They (his wife, his four kids, nine grandchildren, and three great grandchildren) are not just sitting around weeping, but they are singing praises to God, praying, and trusting God during this difficult time in their life.

What a testimony of my Uncle Gene, he was prepared. He's ready to meet his Maker. He is leaving behind a legacy of a family who knows to turn to God during times such as this.

This has just reminded me how close to death we all are and I pray that if you are reading this, you know you are prepared to meet your Maker. Check this out if you want to know what it means to get saved!

If you'd like to read what my mom has to say about this check out her blog. Make sure you grab Kleenex before you click on her link.

No comments: