Saturday, August 18, 2007

08/18/07 - Single-mindedness

1 Corinthians 7: 34-35:

34 An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband.
35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

This was my life verse when I was single. I wanted to be concerned with the Lord's business.

Where does concern take place?

In our minds! So my thoughts had to be concerned about the Lord's business, His work for me, and His people.

What concerns you? Are you more concerned with getting married, having a significant other, or fitting in with a certain group of people? Or are you more concerned with God's work and what He has for you?

As a Christian ,who happens to not be married, you have a challenge to be single minded. Single minded with God's thoughts, His business, and His work for you in this season of your life!

No comments: