Friday, August 17, 2007

08/17/07 - God's thoughts of you!

Maybe you feel like God is being way to quiet in a certain area of your life? Maybe you feel you need to defend yourself against gossip or slander? Maybe someone has mistreated you and you want to make it "better"?

When we find ourselves in these situations, we need to rest in the fact that God is aware of whatever you are going through. He's not ignorant of the situation or ignoring you.

My favorite Psalm is 139. These are a few of those verses that always minister to me.

Psalm 139

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.

Have you been to a beach lately? Take a handful of sand and then try to count! God thinks of you more than that! Amazing that the God of EVERYTHING, takes time to think about me that often.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

It's not about changing the situation, changing a person, or seeking to defend yourself, it's about looking inside for change, trusting God,and resting faithfully in Him and in Him alone!

No comments: