Thursday, August 9, 2007

08/09/07 - Waiting

Many singles feel like they’re just waiting for God’s perfect timing for a mate. They wish His timing was their timing, but most often God uses these seasons of waiting for His good.

I remember waiting and wondering. It felt like there were some long nights of crying out to God, thinking my prayers were just hitting the ceiling and coming back down on me.

The bible is full of verses on waiting. Here are just a couple.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 38:15
I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God.

I thought that if I was married, my waiting would be over, right? Wrong! Sure I was married, but God calls us to wait on His timing for everything.

After getting married, I desired to be a mom. Just seven months after we were married I saw two pink lines! I was thrilled! However, eight weeks later, I found myself in a hospital bed after suffering a miscarriage.

My hopes and dreams for that child were crushed!

We had to wait on God. Be strong and take heart! Wait on His timing for us to become parents.

I was filled with hope because I had seen many times over in my life how, when I trust God, He provides for me. I did not know if I’d ever be a mom, but I knew that God would give me what I needed.

God did bless us with two healthy pregnancies (see my family picture on the side of my blog). But my two boys came in His timing.

We are called to wait on God for jobs, houses, relationship situations, and many more areas of our life. What are you waiting on right now?

No matter what season of life you are in, God calls you to wait on Him! It’s well worth the wait! Being obedient to God in the area of waiting, will bless you in ways you can't even imagine!

2 comments:

Anne McClane said...

I love the new header! Looks incredible! What program did you use to make that?

EmotionalPurity said...

Anne...my husband made it up and I have no idea what he used. I'll ask him. He had fun doing it!