Thursday, July 5, 2007

Vacation

We just got home from a much needed vacation last week. How wonderful to get away, relax, and just enjoy each other's company.

We went to a cabin in Northern Wisconsin. I have been there a number of times, three times as a married woman and four times as a single. I wrote some of my book in that cabin! So of course there are plenty of good memories there.

Time away with two kids sure is different than time away as a single woman and the trip we made up there when we were celebrating our one year anniversary.

I have been praying for all my readers. Praying that the new edition is impacting people across this nation. That it is changing people's direction and causing them to lean more on Christ. I need this for myself as well. Of course not in waiting for God to bring me my mate, but throughout life learning to rely fully on God is so hard for us humans!

Learning to not take one step alone, but looking to Him for everything, to supply all my needs. To look to His fresh water springs for satisfaction. So often we look to dirty, yucky well water to satisfy us...yet that does nothing for us. We keep drinking, yet remain unsatisfied! Why do we do this? Why do I do this?

Once you taste and see how good the Lord is, why ever look back? God will richly supply all our needs.

What are your needs today? Are you lonely? Frustrated? Just plain tired and worn out?

Seek God, get in His Word, drink His living water and you will be satisfied!

No comments: