Friday, July 20, 2007

The Rebelution

Last night I just couldn't sleep. Not fun when I knew I'd be getting up early today.

I grabbed my laptop, plopped down in our comfortable recliner, and surfed around on the Internet.

I came across this website: http://www.therebelution.com/ hosted by Brett and Alex Harris. These are two 18 year old brothers who have a vision and a passion to see other teens raise the bar in their life.

The Rebelution: A teenage rebellion against low expectation!

How refreshing! In the Internet world of site after site of those claiming Christ, yet their actions show otherwise, this site was amazingly refreshing and exciting.

On the side bar of my blog I put a video of The Rebelution Promotion and a link to their site!

They host conferences nationwide and I am sure there is one coming to your area.

I am convinced that people rise to the standard you set for them. I have seen mom's who won't use certain words with their young kids because they're afraid they won't be able to say that particular word.(I had one mom over with her two year old. The two year old brought out a saxophone toy. She said to him, "Mommy isn't going to tell you what that is because it is too hard of a word." I was flabbergasted, I mean at least set the bar high.)

When do we start setting the bar higher for children, teens, and young adults? We don't expect enough out of young people these days, so they raise to the level we have called them to, which doesn't require much effort on their part.

How I pray for this ministry to impact the lives of teens and young adults all over the nation. That they will rise up a mighty army for the Living, Almighty God, who is worthy of all our praise.

Make sure you check it out!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yes, I have seen the Rebelution Site. Did you know they did a Modesty Survey? http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/
the survey is presented as a resource to help Christian girls (and guys), not a list of legalistic rules, and it is accompanied by the Modesty Survey Petition (which tons of guys have signed) which encourage young women to focus on the heart, not the hemline, to honor their parents, etc.

Very interesting.And why they took the survey is explained here:
http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2007/04/taking-heat-for-the-modesty-survey/