Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ICHE Convention

I spoke this past weekend at the Illinois Christian Home Educators convention. What a wonderful weekend.

It had been a few years since I have attended at homeschool convention and I forgot how I feel after I leave. So excited, encouraged, and just a big spiritual boost!

The main speakers were awesome and I highly recommend you check them out. To find out more about the speakers go to http://www.iche.org/ and click on convention. Also, check out their blog to see pictures from the convention.

I spoke three times, same message. The last talk I gave was the last workshop of the day. I thought for sure no one would be there. So as the first few people came into the room I had them just all sit around in a circle and I sat with them. Well, it turned out to be the biggest turn out of all three talks.

I so enjoy talking to people who have read my book and how it has effected them. After my first workshop these two brothers came up to me to share that their mom used my book as a bible study with them. How awesome! They shared how it has helped them relate to young women.

I met a mom and daughter who were just so excited to met me and how they have read, re-read and re-read my book. They were excited to know there was a new edition.

A young girl came up to me just to thank me for writing my book and how it has effected her in her life.

I love meeting people face to face who have been touched by reading my book. I continue to pray that God will use it for His glory.

I, personally, was encouraged as a mom in how we (my husband and I) will raise our sons and the things the Lord has for us. Very exciting weekend!

No comments: