Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my book is set to be released. The new edition arrived at my door on Tuesday. I was cleaning and just doing my "mom" duties, when I discovered a package at my door. I had not even really thought about getting to see the book early. But there it was.

I opened the package, sat down and cried. God is so faithful. He has used me, me: Heather, to help His children.

When you are in God's will there is such peace, no shame and pure joy! I fully believe in the message of my book. In the joy of seeking purity in ALL areas of your life. I have seen how God has revealed His will to me.

I pray that God will make my message clear. That He will use this new edition to powerful impact His children. That people will read with an open heart and an open mind expecting GREAT things from God.

Lately the message I have felt lead to share to singles is to fully give all your attention to God.

1 Cor. 7:32-35:
"I would like you to be free from concern..."

Where does concern take place? Your mind. God wants your mind to be free for His business. Are you keeping your thoughts on God? Are you spending too much time day dreaming about relationships, guys, marriage...ect? He wants you to be free from concern! Why

"An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord's affairs- how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of the world - how he can please his wife- and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted"

Devoted: loyal, committed, dedicated, constant and faithful

"to the Lord in both body and spirit. But the married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world- how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord."

Undivided: exclusive, whole, total and entire

This is what God desires of His single children.

Are you spending too much time thinking about what your name would sound like next to his last name? Are you planning your wedding, with no man in the picture? Are you day dreaming about the new single guy at your church? Are you naming your children with Mr. Friend?

All these thoughts take our focus off of God and we are not as free to be concerned about His affairs.

2 comments:

The Sisson Clan said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing this challenging reminder. There is nothing like the encouragement we get from a sister in the Lord! The book and the blog look great, by the way. ;-) It will be exciting to see what God will do.

Love and Blessings,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Your words came to me at the right time. I needed some confirmation.
I'm beginning a class using your book in May and I feel the devil's efforts to keep that from happening.
I found out today that a girl, 12 yrs old, at church called me an old maid. As small as that was, it started to get to me. But God has a plan for me and for her and that plan involves purity. God has given me the vision of getting this message across. Thank you for your yieldedness to the Lord.
Sunny