Saturday, March 17, 2007

God is showing me His faithfulness

In the past couple of days I have talked to a couple of young women who have been so challenged and encouraged by my book. As a mom who feels like she is so focused on just taking care of the basic needs of her family, dishes, laundry, cooking, dirty diapers, play time and so on and so on. It's nice to see that God is still using me in a mighty way!

God is preparing me, growing me and challenging me. I have been really learning and understanding the concept of what it means to walk totally in the Spirit. To not be pulled by sin. To not answer sin's call. To rise above it and feel free of it!

I used to be a gossip. I loved hearing juicy tid-bits and passing them on. God gave me victory in this area. I don't gossip and I don't feel the pull of gossip on my life. I actually would rather not know something going on with church friends, people in my life or casual friends...if it is something that is not public information. Make sense? Not because I want to pass it on, but because the less I have in my mind the better ;-)

Anyway, there are things in my life I still feel pulled towards and I want to be free of sin in my life. I know I will only be totally sinfree in heaven...but Lord willing, I'll get as close as I can here on earth.

The pull of sin is strong. We all feel it in different areas...pride, lust, envy, greed, the need for something outside of God's timing, the need for a relationship, to fit in, to feel accepted...the list is endless.

God gives us His Spirit to live in us, to guide us, to direct out steps. If you feel you are taking a step towards a sin that is always calling you, stop and listen. God is giving you a way out. He is wanting to bless you for your obedience.

I am so excited for the new edition to be released. I wonder how God will use it...how far will He take this message of purity? Will it be a best seller? I am not looking for praise from anyone, I am not looking to make millions...I am looking for people to radical change their lives for Christ. If God uses my book or not. We need purity in this country, in this world.

It's hard to explain, but this book has always felt like someone else's book, not mine. I have always felt like it is God's book. That sounds so "Churchy", but it's how I really feel. He opened so many doors that would be nearly impossible to have even begun to open on my own. He published this book, He provided places for me to speak, He sold over 14,000 copies...He has done it all. I have just been his vessel. So I don't feel like published author who has it all together, but mearly a tool in His hands. He has chosen me, how humbling. I want to please Him with His choice!

I am also praying that God will show me what my ministry will look like with the new release. My husband and children come first. We have been asking God to show us what I can do in the way of speaking and ministering to the needs of His children.

I am excited for this path!! God is so faithful to me and He is so worthy of all my praise!

If you have any questions you'd like me to write about...just post a comment!
Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather!!! I would so be interested in hearing you speak on Purity!! your book is such an encouragement to me. I am sort of reading it rapidly right now, but am looking forward to reading it a second time with my friends in a study time, and really reflecting on the scriptures and depth of the book.
Please let us know your speaking schedule if/when that is to arise.
Did I tell you I work at a christian bookstore!?
Sincerely,
Jessie from xanga

Esther said...

Hi, thanks for commenting on my xanga site (estherzimmerman).
Your book has been really encouraging to my family and I. Thank you so much for writing it!
God Bless and have a wonderful day!

Esther said...

Oh, btw I like the new cover. =)